Well, this is like asking about your favorite book.
No, I don’t have any favorite author. Yes, I have many favorite authors.
That is all to be said. That is what says everything.
Okay, so I am going to make a list of all those authors I liked (in no particular order) and what I liked about them:
1. J.d. Salinger- Direct straightforward approach in writing
2. John Green- Understanding of teenage and true narration of coming of age
3. J.K. Rowling- Weaving a superb fantasy world
4. Sidney Sheldon- Hard-paced thriller; page turner content
5. Stephen King- Perfect blend of mysticism and spookiness
6. Jeffrey Archer- Wonderful depictions of a person’s psychology
7. Kathryn Stockett- Joyful writing about a serious issue
8. Marcia Willet- Dramatic and heart-touching writing
9. Dan Brown- Symbols and conspiracy theory
10. Kazuo Ishiguro- Life stories bared; what else to say!?
11. Rick Riordan- Mythological content presented for the young ; easy to understand and enjoy
12. Suzzane Collins- Planning and plotline
13. Mitch Albom- Understanding life for all its complexities and accepting its end
14. Khaled Hosseini- Heart wrenching tales of unfortunate people, tangled in the web of war
15. Paulo Coelho- Spirituality and metaphors
16. Amitav Ghosh- Words you would treasure; characters you won’t forget
17. Jhumpa Lahiri- Inspiring with the tales of family and mature relationships
18. Sylvia Plath- Raw emotions portrayed in a way that creates a gaping hole in the chest
19. John Grisham- Stories that leave a message and keep you entertained
20. Stephen Chbosky- Gently caressing story, speaking of the wonders of friendship